Monday, March 30, 2009

28.Some more pictures from Austin (March 19th)

Before publishing the post about David Fonseca at the Stephen Fry’s Hotel (I will do it tomorrow), here are some more pictures of the second day at SXSW’09 (March 19th).


Throughout the week have a peek at the posts about the concerts that the Legendary Tigerman gave at the Antone’s Record Shop and at the Spiderhouse on Friday (March 20th), and about Rita Redshoes concert at the Aces Lounge on Saturday (March 21st), as well as some of the pictures and stories about the SXSW’09. Henrique Amaro interview is also not forgotten.

Here are the pictures:

I didn’t ask but probably they were…a band!


Not everyone on 6th Street was walking around.



While I was photographing I thought it was a preacher of some less known religion but, after all he was promoting a band’s concert…he was quite a character though! Every now and then I would use my video camera and captured people that passed by him with the camera almost glued to his face!





Not only music makes the SXSW.


On an E 5th Street side street.


Throughout the day there were concerts happening at the Austin Convention Centre on the Day Stage. One of the best I attended was Amy LaVere.I had never seen anyone dancing so well with an instrument! I had hoped to take a picture of her later at a concert on Habana Calle 6 but I ended up by not going there...


At Momo’s, the stage where I would see the Clã performing afterwards.


…and the backstage which was located right next to the stage!


After the concert was ended...



The view of one of the Momo’s window on the first floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment